Monday, May 25, 2009

Living in True Alignment

So, I get tired of hearing "Pro-lifers don't care about the baby after it's born. They are such hypocrites in that manner."

But I never get tired of listing different ways I help those would-be aborted children. This is another way that pro-lifers should get involved. I'm [hopefully] volunteering with St. Vincent DePaul's Day Camp. It's a camp in inner city Baltimore for homeless and impoverished children, providing them a safe and educational place to spend time during the day. I also work at soup kitchens whenever possible.

And that's the thing. You need to accept that, by society's standards, a lot of the homeless and poor in big cities would, and should, be aborted. And then you need to say, "I believe they have the right to life- and I will work to give life to them." Put your money where your mouth is!
If pro-aborts think you're hypocritical, they will never take any of your talking points seriously.
I mean, think about it.
"Even those who will be raised by a single parent in an inner city and little education have the right to be born."
"Why? What do you do for them?"
"Well...uhm...nothing, but..."
"Then they really will struggle every day just to get by."
"Sacrifice and struggle...make you holy?"
"Yeah. Right."

And the truth of the matter is, if we are going to save lives of the often poor and often minority pre-born, we need to do volunteer work to help the poor and minority.

There are many ways to help people and to enhance the pro-life cause. You can do a walk to raise money for Crisis Pregnancy Centers. You can work at a soup kitchen. You can donate or volunteer at a homeless shelter...it doesn't matter. There are so many ways you can help those in need. And charity work ruins the argument of the pro-aborts who think we're just these weird, hypocritical, misogynistic zealots.

Being pro-active is SO important. I cannot stress this enough. I mean, when I hear about an opportunity to help in some way, I try and snatch that chance. I love people. Everyone has the right to live and be loved. Christ calls us to love everyone, but we are called to especially reach out to the poor. It's rewarding, not only spiritually, but you are giving the greatest gift possible to the people you help: You.

What are you waiting for? Get out there and volunteer!

No comments:

Post a Comment